My Progress!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I can't believe I'm doing this!

Holy hell - this is the first time I've ever posted pictures quite this horrible of myself online but I HAVE to do it. When I look at this blog while I'm at work, struggling to NOT reach for my snacks, I want to look at these pictures and remind myself of what I started out at and how far I've come.



That right there - is DISGUSTING!  That's 221 pounds on a 5'4" medium/small frame. How did I ever let myself get here? It's so depressing!

I measured myself today too:

Biceps = 14.5 inches
Chest = 45 inches
Waist = 43 inches (ummmm WTF?)
Hips = 54 inches (even more WTF?)
Thighs = 29 inches
Calves = 16 inches
Weight = 221 lbs (5 pm BEFORE dinner and workout)

Just looking at these pictures makes me never want to eat AGAIN. But of course that's not healthy or realistic. I am definitely not partial to the anorexic diet that's for sure.  I do have a plan though and here it is:

According to Livestrong.com (the site I plan to use to calculate calories), I should eat approx. 1350 calories per day in order to lose 1.5 lbs per week. This is also consistent with the National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases weight calculator/simulator - it's HIGHLY mathematical and scientific. Screenshot below with my information entered in - their calculations are the items in yellow:


According to this, I can achieve my goal weight of 130 lbs in one year if I increase my exercise/activity level by 20% AND consume 1351 calories per day. THIS is what I'm holding myself accountable for.

My realistic goal is to consume between 1300 and 1500 calories per day. That is quite an easy target to hit IF I plan accordingly.

Also, I plan to incorporate some form of exercise EVERY day, even if it's just taking my dog for a walk. However, I do plan to also step it up a bit and set some exercise goals for myself, which include:

  • Jogging the 20-minute circuit around my neighborhood by the end of the summer - August 31st!
  • Completing full DVD programs in progression:
    • Slim in 6 - 6 week program (starting NOW)
    • Power 90 - 3 month program
    • ChaLean - 3 month program
    • Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - 30 days (obviously :P)
So that's IT - all laid out nicely for me to refer to each and every day.

I also plan to make Mondays my official "weigh-in" days. I will take a picture of the scale and post it up for all to see. I will also post monthly progression pics of myself so progress can be seen (hopefully!)

There is one final caveat to mention - I HOPE to get pregnant ASAP. IF this ends up happening, I fully plan to readjust my commitments and goals during my pregnancy. I still definitely plan to keep up healthy eating and an exercise plan. Once baby is out though, it's BACK to the original plan!!

Get ready. Get set. GO!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment