My Progress!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Reason

....so I have this cycle. I do great and remain motivated on my weight loss journey until I hit the "Two Week Wait". For people who've ever tried to conceive a baby, you know what the two week wait is. Basically, it's the 2 weeks (roughly) after ovulation where you're waiting to see if Aunt Flow will arrive, and if she doesn't, you're in luck cause you just might be preggo!!

And my cycle goes like this. First few weeks before ovulation I'm stoked and rockin it with the weight loss journey. Then the TWW hits and I start losing my mind. I start wanting to eat any and everything!

Well this past cycle...I believe I actually was pregnant and suffered a "chemical pregnancy", meaning the egg never actually implanted into the uterus. If it did implant, it got flushed away with everything else when Aunt Flow arrived.

I experienced a DEEP depression all of last week following the arrival of Aunt Flow. Something beyond anything I'v ever experienced. Friday night I slept for 12 hours straight and then had a 3 hour nap on Saturday afternoon. It was not pleasant....but I do believe the hormones are out of my system and I'm feeling motivated and back on track!

I've vowed to stop the TTC pressure this month and seriously just focus on my health - that's the best thing I can do in preparation for a baby isn't it?

So I'm starting this week at 216.4 pounds. I don't really care how many pounds I lose this week, I just want to make progress. My first real goal is to get to the 200 lb mark again. I haven't been there in probably 5 years or so. I'm planning to do some sort of exercise every day this week that I can. Thursday I'm going to see Wicked and we're having dinner with friends as a double date that night. And then Friday-Sunday we're heading to St. George (southern Utah) with some friends to house hunt (we may move there, that's another story)....so I'm not sure how much exercise I can get in Thursday-Sunday. But, what I can do is eat as cleanly as possible!

Tonight I did some house cleaning and then did my 25-minute The Firm Express workout - I just love that one! It always keeps me interested and I don't get bored.

Tuesday I plan to mow the front and back yard and then do my 25-minute run/walk.

Wednesday will be another workout video accompanied by some stretching.

And here's what I ate for the day....just so you can see I'm on track!!


No comments:

Post a Comment