My Progress!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A different kind of progress

So the scale hasn't moved yet. In fact, I weighed myself this morning at 217.8 - so technically I'm up from the last time I posted. BUT....I still feel like I've made some progress.

Last week my heart rate monitor watch came in - I got it through Groupon and it was only $10!! And it's from BoxFlex - how sweet is that?  Anyway, it's a normal watch with a heart rate monitor included...so I was able to actually TIME my run/walk and measure my heart rate.

Last night I did my typical 1.5 mile circuit and to my amazement, I actually ran 16 minutes out of the total 25. That's like 64%!! I was pretty amazed with myself at that feat. And when you think about it...I was actually running 64% of the TIME - I probably ran a larger percentage of the actual distance. So I think my goal of completing the entire 1.5 mile circuit by Labor Day is completely achievable.

Today I also signed up for my first 5k!! AHHHHHHHHH - it's on August 11th too - AHHHHHHHHHHHH. What am I thinking? I know I won't be able to run the entire thing...but I will certainly give it a try. To make things even better, it's held in my favorite Utah town, Midway! I just LOVE it up there. Here's a link to the 5k site: http://sheruns.com/

I'm kind of excited because I have something to look forward to over the next two weeks.

I've also been reading a lot of fitness/health blogs this week and I'm finding I'm wanting to stay on track more often than not. Sure I have my weak moments but I think if I really focus on my fitness level first, the diet changes will come naturally over time. I haven't even had fast food in over 2 weeks....so that's a start :P

No comments:

Post a Comment