My Progress!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Friday Meals

My goal for Friday was to document my meals for the day. I did good, up until dinner. We went over to our friend's house to watch the Olympics Opening Ceremony and we had a potato bar. I must say I did say on track but I didn't capture any pictures.

I didn't do any exercise on Friday - other than walk 10 minutes between buildings at work - because I was recovering from the past two days of intense workouts. I stayed within my calorie allotment though. I did eat 2.5 cookies that my friend made last night and I didn't plug them into my totals.



But here is my most common breakfast meal - spinach and cheese omelette with toast. I never knew how to make omlettes until I just started practicing...now I LOVE them!

Ingredients:
1 egg - scrambled
green onions - cut as many as you like
spinach - pulled into small pieces
colby & monterey jack cheese (I'm going to switch to fat free cheese next week)

Heat the pan and  pour the egg in....then add the spinach and green onion to one side....the bulk of the cheese goes on the other side, but I also like to sprinkle some on the veg side too.

Let it sit for a few moments....the eggs will start to get puffy.

Once the eggs are firm enough...you can pull one side and just flip it onto the other. You can only do this once the eggs are cooked through, otherwise it will run all over.  Cook on both sides until you reach your desire. I like my omelettes with a bit of brown on both sides. I also cut mine in half while cooking to make sure the middle is fully cooked.
 Final product: 1 slice of 12-grain toast with spreadable butter and my omelette. It's my go-to breakfast!

And here was my lunch for Friday: Salad!
You can see all of the ingredients for it up above.

I was SO proud of myself on Friday because I was tempted with a Noon meeting with a bunch of people trying to persuade me to eat the Papa John's pizza they brought in. I stood my ground because I knew I had my lunch waiting for me at my desk. I'm so proud of myself for that :)

One thing I keep telling myself is that even though the number might not move on the scale, I know I'm creating healthy habits for myself no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment