My Progress!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, August 13, 2012

5k? CHECK!





I'll have more pictures to upload later when I actually have time to sit at my computer at home. But that shows it RIGHT THERE. I completed my first 5k this past Saturday up in Midway, Utah.

Normally, I've been running a 41 minute 5k....but this one had some....challenges. First, we had to run up Memorial Hill. Here are some views of what it looks like:


Basically you wind up around that thing about 3 times....so we did that and it was TOUGH! The second problem I encountered was that I just happened to be battling a UTI (urinary tract infection) on race day....the entire way up the hill and the entire way down was horrible because I had to pee super badly!!  I just prayed so bad that there would be a porta potty at the bottom of the hill...and thank goodness there was! So that alone added about 3-4 minutes on to my total because you know how many garments I've got to take off just to go pee!! That Spanx I wear isn't easy to get up and down!





So there we go! First 5k accomplished. The next one is August 25th!! I hope my legs recover before then!

1 comment:

  1. W0oohooo congrats!! I signed up for my first one. It's in September which was probably too soon since I'm only on week 3 of c25k lol

    ReplyDelete