My Progress!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A New Plan

So now that I know I've got PCOS, I've already starting taking some measures to clean up my act because now I really do realize the importance of eating healthy and exercising. I've also finally realized why all of my weight loss attempts in the past have been fruitless! Yeah I was eating less calories and exercising, but I wasn't eating the RIGHT things. I may have been eating only 1300-1500 calories a day, but my body was still storing everything as fat because I didn't have the right mix of carbs, proteins and fats.

Over the past 2 days I've stuck to a 25% carb diet with the remaining being protein and fat, mostly protein. I'm also down 2.5 lbs!! How incredible is that?!?! I've even noticed I'm feeling a lot better and I don't have that "brain fog" I used to have. I have tons more energy already and I survived my elliptical workout yesterday without getting shaky (damn those carbs!)

Here's the proof of my workout:


I actually ended up doing about 30 minutes on it total and burned almost 330 calories! Go me :) My heart rate always goes up pretty high when I'm on those tough settings...my heart rate can get up to 160 sometimes but that's just right before I'm into the "red" zone and then I back it down a bit to get it lower.  I love the elliptical cause it's so low impact and easy.

Here's a view of my new typical diet I'm going for these days. No cookies, chips, ice cream, bread, cereal, pasta, etc.  Now it's all veggies, chicken, fish, yogurt, eggs, cheese and more veggies! For now I'm ok with having less variety but I wonder when the cravings will kick in?

Today is salad and light greek yogurt for lunch. Salad has spinach, hard-boiled egg, tomatoss, peppers (yellow and orange), green onions, mushrooms, almonds, canned chicken and pomegranate vinegrette. Also, I always add in a wheat germ/flax mix to my yogurt for extra texture.


My snacks for the day consist of the cottage cheese below (with cayenne and green onions) and a Wonderslim protein shake in Chocomint. I can't wait for that shake because it will totally be like having dessert!!

I'm going out to a movie premier with a friend tonight and I've convinced her to go to Wendy's for dinner with me so that I can splurge on their small chili with cheese and onions - yummmm!

So far it's not that hard to eat this way, especially when I'm stepping on the scale and seeing it go down - that's so much motivation for me.  Plus the fact that seeing all of those cysts on my ovaries did not burn a good visual into my mind - every time I even think about wanting a cookie or chip I just have to remember that visual in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment